Energy & Fuels
Ensuring existing sources. Analyzing fuels of the future
LECO Corporation has been a leader and innovator in analytical instrumentation since 1936. This technological drive has led to some of the industry's fastest, most accurate, and cost-effective laboratory instrumentation in the world. Market-driven, technologically advanced and application-innovative, LECO brings more technology to more industries that need better, faster answers.
Expanding, conserving, and stretching our limited energy resources means that companies will need to be able to analyze new sources as well as validate the quality of existing supplies. LECO instruments enable energy companies to comply with increasingly stronger EPA regulations.
While LECO has continued to be a leader in carbon/sulfur testing of coal and coke, it has since expanded into biofuels, additives, diesel and petroleum products, and jet fuel. As these resources become more valuable, LECO technology is here to validate their potential and quality, while helping you meet government regulations.
LECO’s 832 Series of Elemental Determinators are specifically designed to perform carbon and sulfur analysis of coal, coke, lubricants, fuel oils, and many other organic and some inorganic materials. The 832 Series is a valuable resource for any laboratory needing fast and accurate analysis in solid fuels.
· Improved solid-state IR cell design delivers superior analytical performance and stability
· High-efficiency furnace with intelligent control lowers operating costs and optimizes furnace reliability
· Ergonomic design powered by LECO’s exclusive Cornerstone® brand software with touch-screen interface increases usability and operational control reducing bench space requirements
· Large, reusable ceramic boats with open surface area facilitate ease of sample handling and efficient sample combustion
CHN628 Carbon/Hydrogen/Nitrogen Elemental Analysis
The CHN628 makes it possible to achieve fast results in organic matrices from food to fuels. The dual-stage furnace system operates at temperatures up to 1050oC with pure oxygen to ensure the complete combustion of all organic samples, without requiring additional metal oxidizing reagents or other carrier gases. A variety of features, including automated sample loaders, increase sample throughput while maintaining a low cost-per-analysis.
· Rapid analysis times (4-5 minutes) for diverse organic matrices
· 50 mg to 750 mg sample sizes
· Complies with AOAC, ASTM, ISO, AACC, and ASBC-approved methods of analysis
· Additional configurations—nitrogen/protein and carbon/nitrogen—also available
· Sulfur and oxygen add-on modules also available
AMA254 Advanced Mercury
The AMA254 safely and accurately determines trace amounts of mercury in soils, sludges, liquids, coals, and combustion residues. Results can be obtained in as little as five minutes using a safe and efficient direct combustion technique, eliminating the need for hazardous chemicals in the use of sample digestion.
· Uses EPA- and ASTM-approved methods of combustion
· Nickel sample boats hold up to 500 mg of liquid and solid samples
· Available autoloader holds up to 45 pre-weighed samples
· Easy-to-use Quicksilver® software with reporting capabilities and supports compliance to FDA regulation 21 CFR Part 11 for a closed analytical system
TGA701 Moisture/Ash/Volatile Matter
The TGA701 is your total solution for fast and robust macro-constituent analysis. Determine weight loss as total moisture, ash, volatile content, or LOI in various organic, inorganic, and synthetic materials. The TGA701 is perfect for a variety of industries and applications—including feeds, milling products, foods, catalysts, coal/coke, and cement.
· Obtain multiple analyses such as moisture, ash, and volatile matter from one sample
· Analyze 19 samples simultaneously with a single unit, or up to 38 by adding an additional unit
· User-friendly software supports compliance to FDA regulation 21 CFR Part 11 for a closed analytical system
AC600 Semi-Automatic Calorimeter
The AC600 is an Isoperibol Calorimeter that provides fast and accurate calorific results for various organic materials such as coal, coke, fuel oils, and waste materials. Its unique design combines state-of-the-art hardware and software technology with automation and increased ease-of-operation for improved instrument performance and throughput.
· Advanced thermodynamic model (TruSpeed® mode) attains rapid 5.5 minute analysis times without compromising accuracy or precision
· Ergonomically designed, lightweight vessel secures in just 1.5 rotations, improving ease of handling
· A number of automated features add productivity to the laboratory
Pegasus® HT GC-TOFMS and Pegasus 4D GCxGC-TOFMS
The Pegasus HT GC-TOFMS combines LECO's time-of-flight mass spectrometer with ChromaTOF® brand software to provide time-compressed chromatography and complex sample resolution in high throughput GCMS.
· Continuous full-range mass spectral acquisition rate up to 500 spectra/second
· Powerful ChromaTOF brand software with Automated Peak Find, and True Signal Deconvolution® algorithms
· The Pegasus 4D provides you with all the hardware and software features of the Pegasus HT (including full-range mass sensitivity and mass spectral acquisition rates up to 500 spectra/second) with the added bonus of GCxGC technology.
· A second dimension of chromatographic resolution provide peak capacity unavailable with GCMS alone
· Cryogenic focusing sharpens peaks prior to detection, for enhanced peak detectability
LECO comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography (GCxGC) with FID detector is ideal for solving analytical methods which require superior resolving power over traditional GC. Whether you need to speciate sulfur-containing compounds in petroleum, separate halogenated pesticides, or quantify chiral compounds in flavors or fragrances, LECO's GCxGC options deliver unparalleled separating power and up to an order-of-magnitude increase in peak detectability.
· More affordable, non-mass spectrometer option
· Consumable-free thermal modulator packages also available, eliminating the need for costly refrigerants
· Integrated ChromaTOF brand software with total automated system control for maximum productivity
Pegasus GC-HRT (High Resolution TOFMS)
Developed to withstand the rigor of modern analytical demands, High Resolution TOFMS technology provides high-performance MS capabilities, including acquisition speed, mass accuracy, accurate relative isotopic abundance, mass resolution, and dynamic range, all available simultaneously. Folded Flight Path® (FFP®) technology, available exclusively from LECO, provides the needed path length (up to 40 m) to achieve high performance resolution, along with the stability to guarantee excellent mass accuracy.
- · Folded Flight Path technology enables resolution of up to 50,000, mass accuracies less than 1 ppm, and acquisition rates up to 200 spectra/second
- · LECO's exclusive ChromaTOF-HRT® brand software utilizes Automated Peak Find through High Resolution Deconvolution™ (HRD™) for seamless data handling Chemical ionization (HR-CI) source option provides unprecedented mass accuracy and resolution on pseudomolecular ions
Pegasus GC-HRT 4D
LECO's most recent innovation in gas chromatography, the Pegasus GC-HRT 4D provides users with the unprecedented ability to investigate complex samples and identify unknown analytes. In the energy and fuels sector you'll be able to find more analytes than ever before through our use of High Resolution Deconvolution (HRD) and comprehensive GCxGC chromatography.
· Mass accuracies of 1 ppm and peak capacity potential at least two times greater than any mass spectrometer currently available on the marketplace
· Chemical ionization source allows users to dramatically change their high resolution GC/MS information
· The industry’s most established GCxGC systems; thermal modulation with liquid nitrogen or cryogen-free versions
· KADAS® ion statistics based data acquisition system reduces noise and ensures mass accuracy